The Hackettstown Police Department updatd its list Tuesday of roads closed due to downed trees and wires at about 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to Hackettstown Police Sgt. Darren Tynan, this list will be updated throughout the week.
Tynan said there are numerous limbs and wires down on the roads, and residents are encouraged to remain inside today.
The closed roads are:
- College View Drive between Carter Terrace and Pleasant View Road; and Carter Terrace between Pleasant View Road and Ferris Place are closed due to a leaning telephone pole with the potential of electrical wires coming down.
- Entrance to Hackettstown High School at Warren Street is closed due to a downed telephone pole and electrical wires.
- East Prospect Street is closed between Countryside Drive and Countryside Lane due to a downed tree.
- Reese Avenue is closed between First Avenue and Fifth Avenue due to a downed tree and wires.
- Route 46 is closed between Route 517 and Moore Street due to parts of a roof on electrical wires.
- East Baldwin Street is closed between First Street and Route 46 due to a downed tree.
- Seventh Street is closed between East Baldwin Street and Hamilton Drive due to a downed tree.
- East Prospect Street is closed between Second Street and Third Stree due to a downed tree and wires.
- Mitchell Road is closed between Arthur Terrace and Victoria Lane due to a tree leaning on electrical wires.
- Jefferson Street is closed between Center Street and West Plane Street due to a downed tree.
- West Plane Street is closed between Jefferson Street and Monroe Street due to downed trees and downed telephone poles.
- Carter Terrace is closed in the area of Ferris Place due to a downed tree.
- Route 604 (Willow Grove Street) is open at Bilby Rd but use caution due to downed trees and electrical wires on the side of the road.
- Route 604 is down to one lane in the area of Crane Road due to a downed tree on electrical wires.
- Deerfield Drive is closed between Mountain View Drive and Pleasant View Road due to a downed tree.